The Largest New York State Park is Allegany State Park which is the 3rd largest in the nation with 65,000 acres (97 square miles) and lots of trails. Allegany State Park has over 35 miles of Cross Country skiing trails, 18 hiking trails and 5.6 miles of paved multi-use trails (horseback riding, snowmobiling and more) around Red House Lake area. 3 campground areas with over 375 cabins.Read more
Weekend for Moms
Please spend time with a mother this weekend and bring her to any of the following:
- For her health, take her rafting, kayaking or hiking at Zoar Valley Fest running or walking a 5K Save the Drama for your Mama or Crouse 5K(run on Friday) or hiking at Griffis Sculpture Park or climb and zip line at Sky High Adventure Park.
- Shop at a Arts & Crafts Show at Rock City Park and possibly explore Rock City Park.
- Cheer for your favorite pony at a the Cattaraugus County Horse Show.
- Watch a play "Could I have this Dance?"
- Join the Excitement at a Roller Derby as she could scream her head off as the Hellbilly Heartbreakers will take on the Wilkes Barre/Scranton, PA Roller Radicals at the William O. Smith Recreation Center in Olean.
- Go for a ride on horseback at the Spring Poker Horse Ride
- Rock the night away with the Blood Money Band and Sean Patrick McGraw & on Saturday at Zoar Valley Fest
- Learn to grow vegetables as Master Gardeners will give presentations using demonstration gardens and hands-on activities for beginner and intermediate vegetable gardeners.
I know it has been months since my last blog post and with that I have a question. Would you like to contribute to our blog about activities, events and stuff going on in the Enchanted Mountains (Cattaraugus County)? If you would like to contribute then please contact me using the EM contact page.