Salamanca, NY is the only city in America that is almost totally located on an Indian territory.Read more
Cattaraugus County Group B Tourism Promotion Grant Program
Guidelines and Application
A portion of bed tax is intended to provide grants for advertising and promoting various new or expanded tourism events, unique festivals, attractions and experiences that will attract more visitors for extended stays, for overnight visits and for day getaways. Through this grant program, it is important to establish programs and opportunities to promote or support the development of specific themes or significant attractions and events that enhance the level of visitor experience in the area. Any eligible grantee will partner and coordinate with the Department of Economic Development, Planning & Tourism (EDPT). This funding is intended to supplement your advertising budget and not meant to be your entire advertising budget; therefore a match or share of cost is expected.
Chambers, Business Associations, non-profit organizations, events, festivals and other tourism associated activities - The funds in this group will be administered by EDPT. Grantees will partner and coordinate with EDPT.
Application and Selection Process:
Funding requests shall be made for each marketing campaign. Applications will be submitted to the EDPT, EDPT will prioritize and approve. Applications must be received no later than December 20, 2013. Applications received after this date will NOT be considered. If awarded, applicants will be informed no later than January 13, 2014.
Emphasis should be placed on advertising outside of Cattaraugus County and WILL contain the Enchanted Mountains name, logo, website and 800# in all media. A link to the Enchanted Mountains website must also be included on the grantee’s website.
- Radio Advertising
- Television Advertising
- Newspaper, Magazine, Travel Guide, Newsletter, Special Edition Inserts
- Web-based Advertising
- Purchase of Internet Advertisements
- Brochure, Flyer & Poster Printing
- Development and promotion of special package promotions.
Awardees will meet with EDPT for award amounts prior to event. All advertising must be placed through EDPT, no exceptions. Prior approval of ad from all parties will be obtained.
Ranking Criteria of Applications
- Increase economic impact
- Increase overall visitations to County
- Create longer stays and overnight visits
- Involve collaboration among communities, attractions and events
- Promotion of niche activities and experiences that will enhance new visitor interest into our County
- Emphasize NEW marketing and or development rather than existing activities
- Involve partnering with various accommodations for package development and promotions
- Planning for Self sustaining event with a 3 year maximum for each project or event funding
See the attached PDF for the complete application for the Group B Tourism Promotion Grant Program.