Franklinville is a town in Cattaraugus County, New York. Franklinville is also the name of a village in the town.
The Town of Franklinville is an interior town, located in the northeast quadrant of the county.
The town was first settled around 1806. First settled by Joseph McCluer and known then as McCluer Settlement. The Town of Franklinville was established in 1824 from the Town of Olean. Franklinville was also called "Hebe" and "Ischua" before adopting its current name.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 52.0 square miles of which, 51.8 square miles of it is land and 0.2 square miles of it (0.35%) is water.
New York State Route 16 and New York State Route 98 are important (basically north-south) highways in the town. New York State Route 242 cuts across the northwest corner of the town.
In 1999, Kimberly Pressler who hails from Franklinville, won the Miss USA title.
The central core of the village is on the National Register of Historic Places as the Park Square Historic District. Also listed on the National Register of Historic Places is the Simeon B. Robbins House. Simeon B. Robbins House, or The Miner's Cabin, is a three story, Queen Anne style wood frame dwelling built in 1895. The building features three towers. It is currently used as a museum and meeting space by the Ischua Valley Historical Society.
Nights Of Fire is a FIRE, Art, Music, & EDUCATIONAL RETREAT. We invite all likeminded individuals and those who seek to learn and do more to improve themselves and the world around US.
Get a jump on your holiday shopping or get that new awesome decoration for Halloween at The Woods at Bear Creek's Holiday Craft Show! More details to come.
Enjoy a frighteningly good time at the Woods at Bear Creek "Haunted Wine & Craft Beer Walk in the Woods" the weekend before Halloween! There are special packages that will get you a pass to all the festivities and fun this weekend including a Wine/Craft Beer Walk, a Wine/Craft Beer Dinner, Admission to the Halloween Party and a wonderful o
This three story edifice of Queen Anne design was built by Tom Corsett and R. A. Crosby for Simeon Robbins in 1895 at a cost of $7,000. Mr. Robbins had made several trips to the Klondike, discovered a paying mine, and with proceeds of its sale built the Miner's Cabin - so called because of his success in the gold fields.
Franklinville Fire Department has a hall for conference/meeting/reception that will accommodate 200 people. The hall is equipped with wireless access. There is a fully equipped kitchen for catering. Parking is available for 100 cars. Lodging is easily accessed in Olean 20 miles south.
Farm tours available by appointment.
It's a full 56-page comprehensive guide, highlighting the activities and attractions in our County and it's FREE!!
View the visitor's guide online
request that the Enchanted Mountains guide
be snail mailed to you for FREE!
Over 450 Miles of state funded snowmobile trails, including 69 miles within Allegany State Park.