Allegany Area Historical Association

Share this

The Association's permanent meeting site and shelter for historical artifacts is in the former United Methodist Church located at 25 N. Second Street in the village of Allegany. The church, a local historical landmark, was constructed in 1855 by the Methodist Episcopal Congregation, one of the earliest religious societies in the village. The Association now owns the building. The layout of the church has been preserved, including the original pews and pulpit.

They have research materials available for sale on their website.

Allegany Area Historical Association
25 N. Second Street
Allegany, NY 14706
United States
42° 6' 5.148" N, 78° 30' 57.132" W
Website: www.Allegany.org

General Information

  • Wheelchair Accessible: Unknown
  • Parking: Unknown
  • RV Parking: Unknown
  • Bus Parking: Unknown
  • Pets Allowed: Unknown
  • Accepts Credit Cards: Unknown
  • Internet Access: Unknown
  • Conference / Meeting / Banquet: Unknown
  • Playground: Unknown
  • Indoor Pool: Unknown
  • Outdoor Pool: Unknown
  • Swimming:
  • Boat Launch or Dock:
  • Fishing Access:
  • Equestrian Trail Access: Unknown
  • Bicycle Trail Access: Unknown
  • Hiking Trail Access: Unknown
  • Mountain Biking Trail Access: Unknown
  • Snowmobile Trail Access: Unknown

Please note

Please note that this information may change and may be incorrect

Allegany Area Historical Association is categorized in

Largest Covered Aviaries in the World

2 of the largest covered aviaries in the world and a waterfowl preserve are located at Gooseneck Hill Waterfowl Sanctuary with over 300 geese, ducks and swans even having the endangered NeNe geese.

Read more