The Largest New York State Park is Allegany State Park which is the 3rd largest in the nation with 65,000 acres (97 square miles) and lots of trails. Allegany State Park has over 35 miles of Cross Country skiing trails, 18 hiking trails and 5.6 miles of paved multi-use trails (horseback riding, snowmobiling and more) around Red House Lake area. 3 campground areas with over 375 cabins.Read more
Leon Historical Society Museum
The museum is located in the heart of Amish country. There you can see artifacts from Leon's history dating back to the early 1800's, which include Civil War items, photos, farm equipment, clothing and more.Leon's history includes a milk plant, several cheese factories, saw mills and Penny Royal Race Track which raced thoroughbred horses and then race cars up until the 1950's.
The historcial society sponsors three functions during the year:
- Leon Fall Festival, which includes craftsman and sportsman tables, chicken bbq, Amish goods for sale and demonstrations in the museum.
May through October, every Saturday from 10am - 4pm or by appointment by calling Pat at 716-296-5709.
- Wheelchair Accessible: Unknown
- Parking: Unknown
- RV Parking: Unknown
- Bus Parking: Unknown
- Pets Allowed: Unknown
- Accepts Credit Cards: Unknown
- Internet Access: Unknown
- Conference / Meeting / Banquet: Unknown
- Indoor Pool: Unknown
- Outdoor Pool: Unknown
- Boat Launch or Dock:
- Fishing Access:
- Equestrian Trail Access: Unknown
- Bicycle Trail Access: Unknown
- Hiking Trail Access: Unknown
- Mountain Biking Trail Access: Unknown
- Snowmobile Trail Access: Unknown
Please note the following:
- New York State does not allow smoking inside bars and restaurants.
- this information may change and may be incorrect