The Enchanted Mountains of Cattaraugus County is Home to 3 outcroppings of rocks, with the largest outcropping of Quartz Conglomerate Rocks at Rock City Park being the largest in the world; Little Rock City State Park and Thunder Rocks at Allegany State ParkRead more
Gowanda's Zoar Valley Fest 2012
Gowanda Chamber of Commerce presents Zoar Valley Fest and Jamboree featuring Sean Patrick McGraw:
The event will consist of a 5k run, organized kayaking and rafting events on the Cattaraugus Creek. Music. Promotions by World Kayak Throwdown. Overnight camping for the weekend is available at the firemen's park.( Fri-Sun) Fee: $20 per person or $15 per person for groups 10 or more. One night only is $10per person. The Gowanda cub scout pack #276 will be providing breakfast for a small price.
Friday, May 11, 2012
6:30pm- 13th Annual Crouse 5k Run- American Legion, Legion Drive
Saturday, May 12, 2012
- All Day- Exhibitors and Vendors at Creekside Park
- Fly Fishing Demo's & outfitters
- Rafting and Kayaking Excursions and Guided hikes into Zoar Valley Multi-use area.
- 11am-3pm - Paul Zittle & Pure Country-courtersy of Gowanda Harley-Davidson at Creekside park.
- noon-3pm - Competitive kayak events on Cattaraugus Creek produced by World Kayak Throwdown.
- 6:30pm-8:00pm - World Premiere of film featuring adventure sports on NYS Whitewaters at the Hollywood theatre Jamboree: At the Gowanda Fire Hall-230 Aldrich St. Free entertainment.
- Food and beverages available.
- 4pm-8pm - Blood Money Band
- 8pm-12mid - Sean Patrick Mcgraw
The music lineup is available at http://www.reverbnation.com/show/6725020
For more info and to book overnight camping for the event weekend, check chamber website at www.gowandanychamber.org or call the chamber at 716-532-2834
For more information on this event please visit http://www.GowandaNYChamber.org
This event will be held at: