The Largest New York State Park is Allegany State Park which is the 3rd largest in the nation with 65,000 acres (97 square miles) and lots of trails. Allegany State Park has over 35 miles of Cross Country skiing trails, 18 hiking trails and 5.6 miles of paved multi-use trails (horseback riding, snowmobiling and more) around Red House Lake area. 3 campground areas with over 375 cabins.Read more
Gowanda's Zoar Valley Fest 2012
Gowanda Chamber of Commerce presents Zoar Valley Fest and Jamboree featuring Sean Patrick McGraw:
The event will consist of a 5k run, organized kayaking and rafting events on the Cattaraugus Creek. Music. Promotions by World Kayak Throwdown. Overnight camping for the weekend is available at the firemen's park.( Fri-Sun) Fee: $20 per person or $15 per person for groups 10 or more. One night only is $10per person. The Gowanda cub scout pack #276 will be providing breakfast for a small price.
Friday, May 11, 2012
6:30pm- 13th Annual Crouse 5k Run- American Legion, Legion Drive
Saturday, May 12, 2012
- All Day- Exhibitors and Vendors at Creekside Park
- Fly Fishing Demo's & outfitters
- Rafting and Kayaking Excursions and Guided hikes into Zoar Valley Multi-use area.
- 11am-3pm - Paul Zittle & Pure Country-courtersy of Gowanda Harley-Davidson at Creekside park.
- noon-3pm - Competitive kayak events on Cattaraugus Creek produced by World Kayak Throwdown.
- 6:30pm-8:00pm - World Premiere of film featuring adventure sports on NYS Whitewaters at the Hollywood theatre Jamboree: At the Gowanda Fire Hall-230 Aldrich St. Free entertainment.
- Food and beverages available.
- 4pm-8pm - Blood Money Band
- 8pm-12mid - Sean Patrick Mcgraw
The music lineup is available at http://www.reverbnation.com/show/6725020
This event will be held at: