The Enchanted Mountains of Cattaraugus County is Home to 3 outcroppings of rocks, with the largest outcropping of Quartz Conglomerate Rocks at Rock City Park being the largest in the world; Little Rock City State Park and Thunder Rocks at Allegany State ParkRead more
Pfeiffer Nature Center
Pfeiffer Nature Center is home to more than 648 acres of nature’s bounty. Located in rural, southwestern New York State, you’ll find miles of hiking trails, an historic American Chestnut log cabin, great birding areas, a picturesque pavilion available for rent, and so much more!
The Nature Center has two beautiful properties to explore. The Lillibridge Property consists of 188 acres of forest and has a rustic American Chestnut log cabin listed in the National & State Registers of Historic Places. The front of the cabin offers a spectacular panoramic view of both nearby farms and distant mountaintops. A timber frame pavilion offers a covered shelter for picnics and other events in the meadow.
Perhaps the most notable and majestic feature of this property is the 20 acres of rare, old-growth forest. It includes large specimens of Eastern Hemlock, White Pine, Red and White Oak, American Beech, and more. Hikes on our six miles of marked foot-trails pass through a variety of forest ecotypes, such as coniferous and mixed deciduous forests. Our terraces and slopes that rise 700 feet above the valley hint at 350 million years of geologic history.
The Nature Center also owns 460 acres on Yubadam Road, the Eshelman Property, which has an active sugar bush, on-going scientific research projects, and a small farm. There are three miles of trails through forests, meadows, transitional zones, and near ponds and wetlands. More trails are being developed.
For those who want to learn more about the natural world, the Nature Center offers interpretive opportunities in science, nature, and art through programs, workshops and other events throughout the year.
Get to know Pfeiffer Nature Center – find a spot in our woods to enjoy peace and quiet, come to our programs, become a member, volunteer, enter our film festival, or choose countless other ways to get involved. We hope to see you soon!
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes, Lillibridge (has a accessible trail funded by local resources)
- RV Parking:Yes, no overnight parking
- Bus Parking: Yes, Lillibridge site
- Pets Allowed: Yes, leashed; under control
- Conference/Meeting/Banquet: Outdoor Shelter pavilion rentals
- Fishing Access: Yes, Eshelman site
- Hiking Trail Access: Yes, 9 miles of marked trails
Conference / Reception / Meeting Information
- Max Capacity:
- Room Fee?: Unknown
- Are Tables & Chairs included in room fee?: Unknown
- AV Equipment?: Unknown
- Wireless Access: Unknown
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Parking: Yes
- RV Parking: Yes
- Bus Parking: Yes
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Accepts Credit Cards: Yes
- Internet Access: No
- Conference / Meeting / Banquet: Yes
- Indoor Pool: No
- Outdoor Pool: No
- Swimming: None
- Boat Launch or Dock: No
- Fishing Access: Direct
- Equestrian Trail Access: No
- Bicycle Trail Access: No
- Hiking Trail Access: Yes
- Mountain Biking Trail Access: No
- Snowmobile Trail Access: No
Please note the following:
- New York State does not allow smoking inside bars and restaurants.
- this information may change and may be incorrect