The Town of Carrollton is on the south border of the Enchanted Mountains of Cattaraugus County. The town was first settled around 1822 and formed in 1842 from the Town of Great Valley. In 1877, the Village of Limestone set itself off from the town by incorporating as a village. In 2011, this community reverted to being a hamlet within the town because voters agreed to dissolve the village in 2009. Carrollton's population according to the 2000 census is 1,410. The town has a total area of 42.3 square miles and 0.02% is water. The Allegheny River flows through the town and the Southern Tier Expressway crosses the north part of the town, and US Route 219 passes north-south through the town, joining New York State Route 417 north of the Allegheny River.
Boat launch. Very steep dirt road leading to water. No facilities. Limited parking.
It's a full 56-page comprehensive guide, highlighting the activities and attractions in our County and it's FREE!!
View the visitor's guide online
request that the Enchanted Mountains guide
be snail mailed to you for FREE!
Onoville Marina is the largest inland marina in New York State