What better way to spend a day with family and friends then at the Annual Maple Weekends on March 18-19 and March 25-26, 2023 from 10am-4pm each day presented by the New York State Maple Producers Association.
About 110 maple producers across New York will be hosting open houses for the public to see how maple syrup and other related products are made. This family-oriented event is sure to delight visitors of all ages. Admission is FREE! Maple weekends take place regardless of the weather, so please dress accordingly for your visit. The maple producers that will open their doors in the Enchanted Mountains are:
- Boberg's Maple in Delevan is inviting you to watch their process and sample maple cream and syrup products. They will be open both days, both weekends. Known for their Maple Cream. 716-378-8736. The modern building is close to the road with easy parking.
- Maple Glen Sugar House in Gowanda (Just over the County border but close enough!) will present a candy making demo. There will also be tree tapping demos and wagon rides through the sugar bush. Free tours are available every weekend in March. On dates other than Maple Weekends, call to schedule 716-532-5483.
- Moore's Maple Shack & Pancake House in Freedom will have the evaporator running. Their Restaurant will have All-You-Can-Eat Buttermilk Pancakes! Please note that Moore's is a restaurant that is open everyday day until mid-April. It is decorated with family antiques, ranging from an oxen yoke to a 1910 wedding dress.
- Sprague's Maple Farms in Portville will have evaporators operating at the authentic old-fashioned sugarhouse along with tree tapping demonstrations, information on how our Native Americans made maple syrup, there will be sugar on snow, maple cake donuts, and wagon rides to the sugarhouse.. Weather permitting, activities occur Saturdays and Sundays, March 2-March 24, from 10am to 4pm.
- Ulinger's Maple Farm in East Otto welcomes visitors both days, both weekends from 10am to 4pm. This is a growing maple farm with 14,000 trees. They have products in several locations and on their website. Check this Maple family out on their Facebook!
- Wright Farms in Farmersville wants you to try their jackwax which turns maple and snow into a taffy substance. View the over 8000 taps they use and their moder sugarhouse. They will welcome visitors both days, both weekends.
- Sticky Paws will be open both weekends, 10am-4pm on each Saturday.
Participating Maple Vendors
Cattaraugus County, NY 14755