Olean Point Museum

Share this

The museum is located in the converted Carriage House on the Bartlett Historical House property. The carriage entrance, hayloft and horse stalls are still visible.

Opened in 1998, the Museum has undergone several exhibit changes and several theme exhibits to attract visitors.

The Museum tells the history of olean (formerly Hamilton and also formerly Olean Point) from its founding in 1804 up to the present with significant events displayed throughout the main exhibit room.

Also on display are items from our two railroads, the Genesee Valley Canal, our trolley system, Bradner's Department Store and our two glass factories. There is a special display room in which a local industry or group presents their own history and display. Our former school buildings are displayed showing the varied architecture used over the years in this area.


Wednesday-Saturday 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
(Closed Sundays during summer months)
or by appointment.

Old equipment and photos Old books and military items Old Photos, Drum Corps drum, furniture antique sewing machine, typewriter and other equipment

Photo of Olean Point Museum
Olean Point Museum
302 Laurens Street
Olean, NY 14760
United States
Phone: 716-376-5642
42° 4' 47.676" N, 78° 25' 58.4076" W

General Information

  • Wheelchair Accessible: Unknown
  • Parking: Unknown
  • RV Parking: Unknown
  • Bus Parking: Unknown
  • Pets Allowed: Unknown
  • Accepts Credit Cards: Unknown
  • Internet Access: Unknown
  • Conference / Meeting / Banquet: Unknown
  • Playground: Unknown
  • Indoor Pool: Unknown
  • Outdoor Pool: Unknown
  • Swimming:
  • Boat Launch or Dock:
  • Fishing Access:
  • Equestrian Trail Access: Unknown
  • Bicycle Trail Access: Unknown
  • Hiking Trail Access: Unknown
  • Mountain Biking Trail Access: Unknown
  • Snowmobile Trail Access: Unknown

Please note

Please note that this information may change and may be incorrect

Olean Point Museum is categorized in