Lyndon is a town in Cattaraugus County, New York. The Town of Lyndon is on the east border of the county and is north of Olean, New York. Lyndon is often described as a "bedroom" community, having no industry or commercial property. Improved property is primarily residential, recreational, and farming.
The town was first settled around 1806. The Town of Lyndon was founded in 1829, formed from the Town of Franklinville. The town was briefly called "Elgin" around 1857.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 33.3 square miles, of which, 33.2 square miles of it is land and 0.1 square miles of it (0.15%) is water.
The eastern town line is the border of Allegany County, New York.