Persia is a town in the northwest part of Cattaraugus County, New York.
The town was first settled around 1812. The Town of Persia was founded in 1835 from the Town of Perrysburg.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 21.0 square miles, of which, 20.9 square miles of it is land and 0.1 square miles of it (0.29%) is water.
The northern border of the town is partly formed by the Cattaraugus Creek with Erie County, New York on the opposite bank, and the east town line is defined by South Branch (of Cattaraugus Creek).
US Route 62 passes through the northwest corner of the town, and New York State Route 353 passes across the south part of the town. Much of the town is served by the north-to-south Broadway Road (County Road 4), which runs from NY 353 into the village of Gowanda.
Communities and Locations in Persia
It's a full 56-page comprehensive guide, highlighting the activities and attractions in our County and it's FREE!!
View the visitor's guide online
request that the Enchanted Mountains guide
be snail mailed to you for FREE!
Miner’s Cabin in Franklinville was built by a miner that returned home after making it good during the gold rush era of the west coast. The building is not a cabin either but a three story house of Queen Anne design.