Machias is a town in Cattaraugus County, New York.
The Town of Machias is an interior town in the northeast quadrant of the county. It is northeast of the city of Salamanca.
The Town of Machias was first settled around 1813 and was established in 1827 from the Town of Yorkshire. In 1847, Machias was increased by additional territory from the Town of Yorkshire. Machias received its name from Maine settlers.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 41.1 square miles, of which, 40.6 square miles of it is land and 0.5 square miles of it (1.24%) is water.
New York State Route 16 intersects New York State Route 242 at Machias village.
Ischua Creek flows past the south part of Machias village.
A popular stop in Machias is Lime Lake.
Welcome to Something Scrolled Wood Art….
Our wood work has been viewed and sold all over the world, we have built custom frames and furniture, personalized gifts, wood burned landscapes, back plaques for trophy bucks...natural toys for toddlers, rare cutting boards, signs, wine holders and the list goes on....
The Lime Lake Snack Bar is located on the north-west side of Lime Lake has many great treats for the family.
Sunday - Thursday11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
It's a full 56-page comprehensive guide, highlighting the activities and attractions in our County and it's FREE!!
View the visitor's guide online
request that the Enchanted Mountains guide
be snail mailed to you for FREE!
Miner’s Cabin in Franklinville was built by a miner that returned home after making it good during the gold rush era of the west coast. The building is not a cabin either but a three story house of Queen Anne design.