New Albion is a town in Cattaraugus County, New York. The town is named after Albion in Orleans County, New York, the source of some early settlers.
The Town of New Albion is in the northwest quadrant of the county, northwest of the City of Salamanca.
The area was in the domain of the Seneca tribe and was first settled by outsiders around 1818. The Town of New Albion was established in 1880 from part of the Town of Little Valley. The oldest business community in the town was New Albion with its first store opening in 1833. Later the Village of Cattaraugus surpassed New Albion.
Note that New Albion is also a name once applied to the east coast of North America.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 36.4 square miles, of which, 36.3 square miles of it is land and 0.1 square miles of it (0.22%) is water.
New York State Route 353 is an important north-south highway in the town.
Conewango Creek flows out of the west part of the town.