East Otto is a town in the Enchanted Mountains of Cattaraugus County, New York. The population was 1,105 at the 2000 census.
The Town of East Otto is on the northern border of the county. It was founded in 1854 from part of the Town of Otto. Parts of East Otto were later removed to add to other towns in the county. Otto was named after Jacob S Otto, an agent of the Holland Land Company.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 41.4 square miles, of which, 41.2 square miles of it is land and 0.2 square miles of it (0.48%) is water.
The north town line is marked by Cattaraugus Creek and is the border of Erie County.
East Otto has a unique group of artists known as East Otto Country Associates. It is also home to Allegany Mountain Resort, Burdick Blueberries, East Otto Historical Museum and more.
The Griffis Sculpture Park will host free outdoor activities every Saturday at noon starting in June.
The East Otto Historical Museum is located in the old East Otto Town Hall building, which was moved to its present location back in the early 1900's.Inside you will find local artifacts which include electronic equipment (radio, phonograph), clothing, farm tools and more. Information on genealogy can also be found here as well.
Interact with sculptures in the woods, fields and by ponds on over 400 acres at the Griffis Sculpture Park.
View the gallery of photos of Griffis Sculpture Park
This 3 bedroom home serves as a vacation rental and is directly on the Enchanted Mountain snowmobile trails and along the Amish trail.
Can sleep 8-10, has plenty of parking, laundry available, pets welcome !
It's a full 56-page comprehensive guide, highlighting the activities and attractions in our County and it's FREE!!
View the visitor's guide online
request that the Enchanted Mountains guide
be snail mailed to you for FREE!
According to the DEC, a 128 foot tall basswood within Zoar Valley has been reported to be the tallest basswood in the world.