Olean is a town in Cattaraugus County, New York. The name is derived from the Latin word "oleum" due to the discovery of crude oil in nearby Ischua.
In 2011, an article written by Christine A. Smyczynski for the Member Connection, the magazine for AAA Members, two of the treasures of the Enchanted Mountains of Cattaraugus County have been named in the top 10 Hidden Gems in Western New York by AAA.
The Enchanted Mountains is home to, at least, three giant outcroppings of rocks!
the largest outcropping of quartz conglomerate rocks at Rock City Park being the largest in the world!
Little Rock City in Little Rock City State Forest
Thunder Rocks at Allegany State Park
Salamanca is a town and a city in Cattaraugus County, New York. The City of Salamanca is the only city in the USA that is located entirely on a Native American Territory. The name is from a major investor in a local railroad.
Various ways to get here and how to get around the Enchanted Mountains (Cattaraugus County, New York).
- Interstate 86 runs east/west through our region.
- U.S. Route 219 runs north/south through our region.
Rental Cars / Vehicles:
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport is the closest large airport to us.
- Olean Municipal Airport is located in Ischua, NY.
- Great Valley Airport is located in Great Valley, NY.
- Seneca Bus Service
- The City of Olean has bussing that covers the entire city.
- Holiday Valley Resort and the Village of Ellicottville has busing that also travels to the Seneca-Niagara Casino, located in Salamanca.
Uber / Lyft / Etc.??
LINKS HAVE TO BE UPDATED ON THIS PAGE!!!
Mention and link to the Enchanted Mountains
We love it when you mention the Enchanted Mountains!
EM in Content
Content mentions that they are in the Enchanted Mountains of Western New York which links to EnchantedMountains.com.
Rock City Park is in Cattaraugus County the Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State.